DebConf7 registration/sponsorship/CFP deadline

* Deadline for sponsorship: Wednesday 31 January

As previously announced, DebConf7 will take place in Edinburgh from
Sunday 17 to Saturday 23 June 2007.

If you would like to apply for sponsored accommodation, food, or travel,
please register now (https://debconf7.debconf.org/wiki/Registration)
and fill in (at latest on 31 January):

- the dates you plan to arrive/leave DebConf (if applying for
  accommodation or food sponsorship);
- your travel details and costs (if applying for travel sponsorship).

We need this information now to make financial estimates.  In
particular, we would like to calculate how much money we can allocate to
travel sponsorship.

Even if you are not applying for travel sponsorship, we suggest you
organise travel soon.  For example, for those coming from Europe some
budget airlines recently opened booking for flights that are currently
very cheap, and will increase in price over the next few months.

* Deadline for event submission: Wednesday 31 January

If you are submitting a proposal for a paper/presentation/discussion
(https://debconf7.debconf.org/wiki/Call_for_Papers), please make sure
you fill in (at latest on 31 January):

- talk details (title, speakers, licence etc.);
- abstract (short summary for DebConf attendees);
- full description (to allow us to review the proposal).

We plan to review the proposals during February.  Accepted proposals
will then be taken into account when allocating sponsorship.

As ever, for general information on DebConf7 check
https://debconf7.debconf.org/ -- please contact the DebConf team if you
have questions which are not answered there.

--
the DebConf team