Call for volunteers, Debian-Edu in France

Hello,

I was last week in Paris for the Educ@tice trade show: an event
dedicated to IT in the education world. Christian Perrier and myself
were representing the Debian project.

See the full report:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-events-eu/2005/11/msg00030.html

The good news is that almost all education-specific distributions are
now based on Debian. The sad news is that most of their work is not
reintegrated in Debian and as such there's a bit of duplication of
effort.

That's why we need several (french-speaking) Debian Developers willing
to :
- mentor/sponsor some members of those projects
- help create Debian Policy compliant package of their software
- follow the projects, and give them good technical advice in order to
ease their integration into Debian

Here's a non-exhaustive list of things that should be done (IMO) :
- Integrate packages created by AbulEdu
  Contact: Eric Seigne <eric.seigne _AT_ ryxeo.com>
- Integrate packages created by Ofset
  Contact: Georges Khaznadar <georgesk _AT_ ofset.org>
- Integrate packages created by Skolelinux.fr / Schlossgul
- Merge work of Skolelinux.fr back into the main debian-edu
  Contact: Thierry Stauder <sthierry _AT_ free.fr>

Don't hesitate to contact me if you want me to introduce you to the
relevant persons (or if you want more details).

Thanks for your help !

Raphaël Hertzog