Bug Squashing Party next (long) weekend -- May, 5th - 8th

Hi all.

It seems like all the _freeze_ blockers are gone for good finally :)
So it's really time to work on the remaining _release_ blockers,
i.e. it's time for another Bug Squashing Party (BSP). It will be held on the
next weekend, May, 5th until May, 8th. We will start on Thursday this
time since in many countries this day is a holiday.

As usual the BSP will be coordinated through #debian-bugs on
irc.debian.org. Unless otherwise stated later the usual NMU rules for
BSPs apply. Remember that we have still a 0-day NMU policy until
otherwise stated or sarge is released :) Just continue to use
it carefully and do your homework before uploading a package
(just as you would do with your own ...)
February's release update[1] had a nice write up about
NMUing outside a BSP.

If we need to change the upload policy to accommodate with
a coming or existing freeze we will announce that separately.

As the number of RC bugs related to sarge is relatively low lately
and the number of RC bugs you can do something about may even lower,
feel free to also work on other things during a BSP. A few suggestions:

 - Test woody->sarge upgrades. Bugs in the upgrade path can prove
   very nasty (e.g. the still unsolved #278495 or the thankfully
   solved #183702) so better to find them really soon now.

 - Go through the list of unfixed security issues in sarge[2],
   especially the non-RC ones since these aren't tracked as
   closely as the others, and try to provide patches or, if the bug
   is already fixed in unstable, try to find out why the package doesn't
   propagate to testing.

 - Go through the list of important bugs and try to identify ones
   that you could prepare a patch for. In some cases an NMU might
   also be appropriate.

 - Search for packages with many long-pending l10n bugs (updated debconf
   translations, etc.) and ask the maintainer if he would appreciate
   help to get them fixed before the release. [Christian Perrier might
   want to say something about that]

 - Search for packages that haven't entered sarge yet despite being
   uploaded a while ago and try to identify the problem. Especially
   look for packages that fixed RC or important bugs.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/02/msg00010.html
[2] http://newraff.debian.org/~joeyh/testing-security.html

Gruesse,
--