Bug Squashing Party next weekend: Jan, 7 - Jan, 9 2005

Hi all.

It's very noticeable that over the last weeks the RC bug count
has increased again from about 150 to about 200. There are probably
several reasons this happened (e.g. many people on vacation, stalling
in the testing migration due to gcc and perl problems, lack of
motivation due to still missing freeze date).

Nevertheless we should try to revert (or at least stop) this trend.
Therefore I announce the next weekend to be another Bug Squashing
Party. Main target should be to reduce the bug count by providing
solutions for RC bugs and doing NMUs.

As there are currently a lot RC bugs with low complexity again there
is clearly enough to do, even for people that are not experienced
in that kind of work. And of course there should be always some people
around in the IRC channel that are able to help, sponsor upload, etc.

As ususal coordination should happen in #debian-bugs on irc.debian.org,
and RC bugs should be claimed so that the work in progress is visible
on the claims page[1] and on the "unofficial" RC bug coordination page[2].
Other tasks can be noted and explained on the BSP wiki page[3].

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/claims.cgi and
[2] http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php
[3] http://wiki.debian.net/BSP

Gruesse,