Debian AMD64 Port - still waiting on ftpmaster

The Debian AMD64 port now has more installed packages than even powerpc
making it the second most complete port behind i386.[1]  The port is
still waiting on Scott Remnant to fix dpkg and for James Troup to allow
it into the archive. I sent an email to ftpmaster over 2 weeks ago with
no response about the archive issue.

Also, I am starting to get questions from companies and universities
running Debian asking when amd64 will be an official port since they
are planning to switch to Fedora/SUSE if it is not soon. Do we really
want to lose users of a popular platform due to a couple DD's lack of
response? If you are concerned about this issue as well perhaps an email
to ftpmaster@debian.org could help persuade them this is a larger issue
than they realize.

Thanks,

Debian AMD64 Port Team

[1] http://www.buildd.net/buildd/Installed_stats.png

Package Details (counted in source packages):

      Known:    8376 (   8423)
  Installed:    8160 [ 97.42%]
  Uploading:       1
   Building:       0