Bits from the DPL (travel & conferences)

[ The following is not related to development and can safely be ignored. ]

Since I haven't posted anything for a while, I thought I'd give you an
update of what's going on.  While I've been working on some things behind
the scenes, I've mostly been preparing some travel and presentations.
I'm going to represent Debian at several conferences over the next couple
of weeks and give speeches.  At the moment, I'm at the Harvard Business
School (HBS) in Boston where I attended a conference on Free/Open Source
Software for the last two days.  A researcher here, Siobhan O'Mahony,
just interviewed me to get a better understanding of Debian.  After the
interview, I drew the Debian swirl on her door and wrote "Debian rules
the HBS".  So, yes, I'm having fun in my role of representing Debian. ;-) [0]

Anyway, below is a listing of talks I will give in the next few weeks.  If
you are at any of these events, I certainly look forward to talking to you.

  Debian -- The Universal Operating System, LinuxUser & Developer Expo 2003,
  Birmingham, UK.  June, 2003.

  Tracking Inactive Maintainers in Debian, Libre Software Meeting, Metz,
  France.  July, 2003.

  State of the Nation, Debian Day, LinuxTag, Karlsruhe, Germany.  July, 2003.

  Managing Debian, LinuxTag, Karlsruhe, Germany.  July, 2003.

  Speech from the Throne (or Tracking Inactive Maintainers), Debian
  Conference 3, Oslo, Norway.  July, 2003.

  Managing Debian, Linux 2003, Edinburgh, UK.  August, 2003.

[0] No, I'm not going to mention that they will tear down the building next
week.

--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org