Looking for speakers for the First Debian Meeting
we're looking for speakers for the First Debian Meeting that will be held
during the Libre Software Meeting  at Bordeaux (France) from the 5th to the
9th of July 2000.
The speakers may benefit from a financial help if they can't afford the
trip. Feel free to propose yourself for any subject that you think
is worth a conference/a debate/a coding party between Debian
developers and between the Debian community in general. Conferences will
(of course) be in english.
Some ideas :
- non-interactive install with debconf (Joey?)
- release goal for Debian woody (hopefully potato will be out at that
- quality assurance issue
- future of the boot floppies
- package pools (=> presentation by anthony and a coding party to
finish it ?)
- Debian and its relation with the Free Software Community in general
- Possible improvements of Debian wrt newbie
We already have some sponsors to help us invite Debian developers, but
we'll need much more, so if you're a potential sponsor who could put up
the money for this kind of action, feel free to contact us.
I've set a reply-to, please respect it. If you don't want to reply in
public, please reply to Thierry Laronde <firstname.lastname@example.org>
who is the main coordinator of the Debian related part of this event at
the moment. You can however keep me in copy if you wish ..
Thanks for your help !
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd
Formations Linux et logiciels libres : http://www.logidee.com </pub>