Re: Status of Potato

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 11:36:59PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> Before the freeze, we will have to deal with the backlog in Incoming
> somehow.  There are more than 200 packages in it now and it's growing.
> Help is on the way, but probably not in time.  In any case, I do not
> think it is wise to install a hundred new packages just before the
> freeze!  My plan is to handle all the packages that fix bugs, and
> leave the rest for the new unstable.

I think this is ill advised. Those packages were intended for potato, and if
they do not end up there we are punishing the working maintainer for something
he couldn't do anything about.

Let this be "a lesson" for the ftp admin team to not let such a backlog
grow.

All those packages are new. If some of them introduce release critical bugs,
we can kill them and pull them from frozen before releasing.

Also, it's simply *unfair*.

Thanks,
Marcus

PS: No, I don't have any packages in incoming.