A new version of the packaging manual has been released.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 01:25:39 -0600
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Manoj Srivastava <email@example.com>
packaging-manual - Debian Packaging Manual
packaging-manual (188.8.131.52) unstable; urgency=low
* AMENDMENT: bashism in Packaging Manual. Removed bash specific brace
expansion from an example in the manual. closes: BUG#14701
* AMENDMENT: Added a section about preserving time stamps to the bottom
of the binary package chapter. closes: BUG#15946
* AMENDMENT: Emphasize that all required targets for debian/rules should
be non-interactive, to facilitate auto compiles, and to ensure that it
is easy to reprduce the same binary package. The required targets, at
a minimum, are those called by dpkg-buildpackage. closes: BUG#17620.
* AMENDMENT: s/ina/in a/. closes: BUG#22007
* Fixed a typo: dpkg-shlibs => dpkg-shlibdeps. closes: BUG#25573
* Make the package optional, not extra.
* Re did the SGML markup. Normalized the document, and undid the omitted
and shor tags. Personally, I use too many DTD's in real life to be so
conversant with each one to be clever with tag omissions, and, since
I have a smart editor, omitting tags does not buy one much. In the
process, I discovered a few errors in the markup (one of my
predecessors hasd the unfortunate habit of treating <p> as a "create
some space here" tag, and more often than not put it at the end of a
paragraph, rather than using is as a container element (which is what
it is, really).
* Re did the control files, making them more robust
* re did the rules file, making it more general, and easier to maintain
by putting in a layer of abstractions.
fb0057dff35f7ea6ebcec7d73392fa20 637 doc optional packaging-manual_184.108.40.206.dsc
058de769caeb97034effbf0489a7731f 51554 doc optional packaging-manual_220.127.116.11.tar.gz
cda2696d74c40217a57d774adf283d59 142772 doc optional packaging-manual_18.104.22.168_all.deb
3d4f045894d127024eedebc20b5a897d 123953 byhand - packaging.ps.gz
adac19c1054aec0b0f7e2721b06fba1e 46909 byhand - packaging.html.tar.gz
fbcecfe780a3b497e5d16eb1dadca05a 41125 byhand - packaging.text.gz
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Requires PGP version 2.6 or later.
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Absence makes the heart forget.
Manoj Srivastava <firstname.lastname@example.org> <http://www.datasync.com/%7Esrivasta/>
Key C7261095 fingerprint = CB D9 F4 12 68 07 E4 05 CC 2D 27 12 1D F5 E8 6E