Re: Hamm Bug Stamp-Out List for July 5

On Sun, 5 Jul 1998, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Package: libc6
> Maintainer: Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>
>   23893  libc6: "env LD_PRELOAD= ls" core dump
> [STRATEGY] Dale Scheetz uploaded 2.07r-5 on July 4, which fixes this. On
>            the downside, there is only an i386 .deb file in Incoming so
>            it won't be installed until he reuploads.

I'm not sure what you mean here. All the files that I can upload are in
Incoming. I removed the -4 files, so they will not get in the way. If you
mean that there are no other architecture .deb files, this is the first
time I have heard that their lack causes a hold on the upload. If this is
the case, we need to fix it post haste. The version in hamm severely
breaks systems that use /etc/ld.so.preload, and verion -5 fixes this
problem, so it should be installed immediately!

>   24066  libc6: rsh segfaults as a result of new libc 2.0.7r2

This problem is resolved by compiling the package against the new library,
as some crucial headers used by rsh have changed.

Thanks,

Dwarf