Re: Quake is GPL

At 01:13 PM 12/26/99 +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
>We should not, under any circumstances, mess our distro, only because
>some group of morons claiming to be `government' ban such package here or
>elsewhere. If there are such laws somewhere citizen of such country have only
>these posibilities :
>
>1) try to make gov change such laws
>2) try to change gov
>3) go abroad
>4) go outlaw

I would go for 4, 1 and 2 in that order. I would risk a lawsuit here in the
Netherlands anytime if some stupid law whould restrict my freedom. Having
a law for something doesn't mean that the goverment is right, there are
quite some stupid law's here that are put on hold or are ignored by judges.

But than again here in the Netherlands youre quite protected against
misuse of the law like in the US and other countries so risking a lawsuit
here wouldn't be much of a pain, not even financialy...

>[We had censorship even 10 years ago here, so I know what I am talking about]

With the exception of being occupied for about 5 years we have a democracy
here for, eh, well I don't know how long (few hunderd years or so?) so
I also know what freedom is -and- how to exersice it.

Regards,

Onno