Re: Quake is GPL

On Sun, Dec 26, 1999 at 02:37:04PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > I would *personally* make sure that I was in compliance with the
> > relevant laws. If I felt that that would take too much of my time, then
> > I would stop mirroring.
>
> Just because a big group of developers isn't able to provide a solution
> for such cases which is better then stop mirroring?

So far your attitude has been "Take quake out of Debian entirely now or I
will shut down my mirror because I don't have time to make sure my mirror
is legal and I want you to do it for me."  If that's how it has to be,
that's how it has to be.  You're better to stop mirroring.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                 Debian Linux developer
http://tank.debian.net   GnuPG key  pub 1024D/DCF9DAB3  sub 2048g/3F9C2A43

* Knghtktty whispers sweet nothings to Thyla (stuff about compilers and
            graphics and ram upgrades and big hard drives...)
<Thyla> oooooooooOOOOOOOOOO
<Infinitas> Knghtktty: that's positively pornographic...
* Thyla goes off into fits of ecstasy...