Re: ITP Heimdal (Kerberos 5)

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 07:17:57PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> heimdal-x11 - client and server programs for X11.
>
> In particular, I am not sure I like heimdal-x11, which contains
> both servers and clients. Should I split this up into two?
> Perhaps heimdal-x11-clients and heimdal-x11-servers?
> Or would heimdal-clients-x11 and heimdal-servers-x11 be better?

I won't presume to dictate whether you should make separate client and
server packages as I am not familiar enough with the software, but please
don't use "x11".  Just "x" should be fine.

Reasoning: practically nothing mentions X Version 10 anymore, even if it is
supported (not to mention X10 is also that household electrical power
control thing), so there's no need to distinguish between these two
versions of the X protocol; and there probably never will be an X Version
12 (if there is, the reasons for creating it will be so compelling that
everyone will want to switch to it).

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     Communism is just one step on the long
Debian GNU/Linux               |     road from capitalism to capitalism.