Re: ITP Heimdal (Kerberos 5)

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 07:17:57PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> Heimdal is a free implementation of Kerberos that is not affected by
> US export restrictions. While it is still under active development, it
> seems to be mostly usable.

	Great!

> - probably breaks every debian policy ever written. I don't
> particularly want to check it with lintian right now ;-)
> Is /usr/libexec allowed? Is /var/heimdal allowed?

	/usr/libexec isn't, use /usr/lib/heimdal or something,
        and /var/heimdal is bad too. Use /var/lib/heimdal.

> Where/how should I distribute the result? master is out of the
> question, as it is non-US software. I am not sure it is stable enough
> yet for slink (maybe when I get the packages split up in the optimal
> way). Comments anyone?

	non-us.debian.org a.k.a. pandora.debian.org.
        And it won't be in slink anyway ;)
--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | Stay the patient course