Re: ITP: qwcl (was: [glx-dev] id releases quake 1 source under GPL!])

Filip Van Raemdonck wrote:

> I don't expect special problems with it and I'll post a temporary
URL as
> soon as they're finished.

Well, unexpected problems have shown up... Namely I'd have to build this
against one or another gl library, but I don't really know which one to
take.
Should I:
- use libgl, from the glx project. This won't be of any good unless it
gets into debian. I have it on my system but that's not what matters
here.
- use mesa + glide drivers. Well, I do have a voodoo2 but I don't really
use it very often anymore. I've seen a number of glide packages come
into potato last week, I suspect these have something to do with 3dfx
opensourcing their v3 drivers, but is support for v1/v2 included as
well???
- use plain mesa. This is definitely in the distribution. Things
compiled with it should work equally as wel with libgl and symlinking
around, but I haven't tested this in several months now. And I don't
know if they'll work with glide enabled mesa, I guess they should
though.

Could someone help me out here?
There's been a thread on the glx-dev list last week about debian
packages, and there was stated that it would come into debian as soon as
the 'which gl library do I compile with' issue was cleared out; are
there any (temporary) proposals until then?

Regards,

Filip

--
Get a life. Get Windows(tm). It makes you wanna spend a lot less time
with your pc.

filipvr@xs4all.be              Helpdesk        Tel: +32/(0)9/265.02.05
http://www.xs4all.be        Webengineering     Fax: +32/(0)9/265.02.50