Re: BASH BUG

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:
> I'll sumble upon it sooner or later, and I'll be sure to produce a test case
> then. Maybe the other post can produce a testcase sooner.

And I did. Rather easy to reproduce as well...

1. Open a xterm or rxvt (the bug happens in both)
2. give bash a command line longer than the terminal window, so that it
   has to wrap to the next line.
3. now run less on some file (mutt works as well).
3a.  while on less (mutt), resize the window
4. quit less
5. use bash's history recall feature (up arrow on most configs), and
   you'll see the bug at its worst.

So, it looks like bash does not inquire the terminal for its state when
it recovers control after a external command is run. Maybe it's something
else and not bash/readline's fault, but here's how to reproduce it.

  Henrique Holschuh