Re: mutt

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 10:07:40AM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be possible to write a "PINE-TO-MUTT.HOWTO"?
> > This could discuss such questions like:
> > How to port my address book?
> > How to convert folders (if I have to)?
> > How to do the "every day work" when my fingers do the wrong (pine) thing.
> How to break the news to your 100's of users

Symlink /usr/bin/pine to /usr/bin/mutt, and mention that you've upgraded
to the latest version, and that there are some minor interface changes.

Hell, if you're _really_ feeling generous, leave oldpine lying about,
but mention that any support questions or complaints about lost mail will
be ignored :)

> How to quell the mob riots that ensue

Knives? Guns? Tactical nuclear weapons? Threaten to halve their disk
quota?

> How to handle the flood of angry, abusive letters to the support help desk

The same as phone calls to the hell desk --- ignore the boring ones,
and give the rest a lesson in how much worse life /could/ be...

(Maybe the mutt or pine lists/newsgroups might be more appropriate for
this thread...)

Cheers,
aj, YA ex-pine user, now happily converted to mutt

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds