Re: configure options

In article <3841B766.67B64108@shadow.org> you wrote:

> Can the package-maintainers or the person who creates the README.Debian add
> the entry of the configure-script.
> I mean the call of the script to configure the Makefile...

> example: ./configure --prefix=/bin ...

This is redundant, because the rules file in the sources contains the actual
call to configure.

In at least one of my packages, which has a gazillion options, I've chosen to
populate README.Debian with a detailed explaination of why each option was
chosen... but I'd be against a cut'n'paste of the configure invocation from
the rules file in the source package, which anyone wanting to rebuild the
package is probably going to unpack and study anyway...

Bdale