Re: Package Pool Proposal

Well, I would think the same, but remember what Guy wrote:
> debian/dists/{stable,unstable,non-free}/binary-arch/Packages.gz
> debian/dists/{stable,unstable,non-free}/binary-arch/pool ->
>   ../../../pool/binary-arch

So it seems that if the Package file refers through the pool symlink,
all packages have to reside below ../../../pool/binary-arch.

This is the inconsistency I was trying to aim at.

> Including binary-i386 stuff into hurd is probably just a matter of getting
> the right sort of database entries and the right sort of selection
> script.. Not something that needs to be worried about till much later
> IMHO.

It would be if all binary-arch'es can be referred to in the Packages
file,
which is not what I read out of Guys description.

Anyway, note that current usage of binary-all is flawed. Of course, this
is immanent in the semantics of our Architecture: field. Luckily Guy is
aware
of this fact, and I am sure he will make provision for a better solution
in
his design (wink, blink :)

Thanks,
Marcus