Re: Something wrong with potato modutils

>> I don't disagree.  Even when things work ok, when you first load
>> unix.o, the rootfs is read-only, resulting in a scarey (to newbies)
>> error message.
>
>Sorry, but which error message are you talking about? If it's the "trying to
>load twice" message, I can disable it since it isn't really an error.  If it's
>something else, please type it in.

Your wish is my command!

NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0 for Linux NET4.0.
insmod: /lib/modules/2.2.12/misc/unix.o: cannot create /var/log/ksymoops/19991007213236.ksyms Read-only file system

This is on kernel-image-2.2.12-3, which is not the newest, so maybe
you already fixed this?  If not I can file a bug.

>> Herbert, is unix.o something you had to take out to get the bzimage
>> down to the right side?  What do you think of installing that back
>> into the kernel?
>
>Actually, it was taken out ages ago to ensure that everything that can be
>modularised were.  Although at this point in time, putting it back probably
>would push bzImage over the edge.

Ah... what a world, eh?