Re: FREEZE RESCHEDULED

Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org> writes:

> But opening frozen AND unstable will let maintainers just continue
> as they are doing right now - Not very much careing on the stability
> concerning new packages/version. I personally wouldnt like
> to see frozen and unstable in parallel.
> I would prefer maintainers working on the stability bringing down bugs
> to 0 on their packages and hold back new versions for 4-6 weeks and
> then release ....

When frozen is created, we always have frozen and unstable in
parallel.  In fact, we must always have them in parallel, if we allow
new uploads.  Having two branches allows people to either fix bugs or
release new unstable releases, according to their preferences.  A
person with no bugs shouldn't be prohibited from uploading new
releases.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevind@rahul.net