Re: ssh mutation

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 09:46:12AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> Did it break anything?

Yeah, I'd say it did... it wasn't a good time to deal with potentially
unsupported hostkeys, so I used dpkg to remove (not purge) the new ssh
and installed ssh-nonfree.  After confirming that /usr/bin/ssh still
worked, I did purge on ssh to remove the extraneous conffiles (the two
ssh packages use different directories).  Tested again, everything
still seemed to work fine.

Last night I compiled and installed a new kernel, and of course had to
reboot so that it could take effect.  About two hours ago I discovered
that ssh no functions... looks like it doesn't know where it's
conffiles are supposed to be.

     root@glitch[~]# /etc/init.d/ssh-nonfree start
     Starting Secure Shell server: sshderror: fatal: Could not load \
     host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key.  Check path and permissions.

     adric@glitch[~]$ dpkg -L ssh-nonfree|grep ^/etc/ssh
     /etc/ssh-nonfree
     /etc/ssh-nonfree/ssh_config
     /etc/ssh-nonfree/sshd_config

A bug-report will be submitted shortly, assuming that no one else has
already done so...