Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 5, 1999

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 11:46:48AM -0800, Joel Klecker wrote:
> At 20:20 +0100 1999-11-06, Christian Kurz wrote:
> >>  Package: gcc (main)
> >>  Maintainer: Debian GCC maintainers <gcc@packages.debian.org>
> >>    48527  gcc [alpha]: error compiling fweb
> >
> >This is also one week old and there's no reaction to it. This is release
> >critical and also a important package, so I woud recommend finding a
> >solution soon.
>
> The complex math issues on alpha targets cannot be fixed reasonably
> in the gcc-2_95-branch. It's already been fixed in the experimental
> branch, but the fix is not gonna be backportable. So the only
> solution is to use a different compiler on alpha for problematic
> packages.

Wrong issue. fweb just got a ICE in the middle of compiling. While it
probably annoys the fweb developer, I don't understand why this bug is
release-critical. If all else fails, fweb justs defaults back to
gcc272 on alpha.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org