Re: Increasing regularity of build systems

On Sep 14, "David N. Welton" <davidw@linuxcare.com> wrote:

 >It would be nice if more packages built as if you were running a
 >regular make, instead of restarting from the beginning (running
 >./configure again), and in a more consistent manner.
I proposed many times dh_configure to debhelper maintainer but never
got a reply.
I fucked up many times the my packages before using it (I have
compatibility symlinks like /usr/local/bin/perl and /usr/bin/sendmail
and configure picks up them...).

Another problem is that e.g. if the build host has not gpg installed
then gpg support will not be compiled in...

#!/bin/bash -e
#
# Tell GNU configure standard paths for some programs.
#
# These variables are used by AC_PATH_PROG(S) macros.

# Export a sane path.
export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:."

export CC=cc
export GPG=/usr/bin/gpg
export ISPELL=/usr/bin/ispell
export PGP=/usr/bin/pgp