Re: Migrating to GPG - A mini-HOWTO

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Michael Meskes wrote:

> Nice to hear that. Maybe you would care to tell us a reason for this.

There have been 4 postings at least giving detailed reasons why..

> That means I have to travel yet again to get my GPG key signed. That's what
> I really need. Th elogical consequence is keep using the RSA key.

Amazingly that is a partial reason why we will continue to support PGP 2.x
keys for a very long time and why we are not going to attempt an immediate
transision to GPG.

My advice is to generate an OpenPGP Key, signed by your original key (this
allows someone to verify it) and get all the new people you meet to sign
your OpenPGP and maybe your PGP 2.x key as well.

Jason