Re: RFC: MasqMail MTA worth packaging ?

On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 03:18:13PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Sep 09, Gregor Hoffleit <flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
>  >The description sounds quite interesting for my purposes, it's exactly what
>  >I wanted to have. I'm not very familar with our MTA's: Can something similar
>  >be done with e.g. exim or postfix without too much fuss, or would this be a
>  >reasonable addition to our range of MTA's ?
> Postfix only needs a few obvious configuration directives to be used by
> a dialup host.

MasqMail gets interesting when you're using several different ISPs and
therefore different SMTP relay hosts to dial up (I'm considering such a
setup since in Germany dependent on the daytime, different ISPs are
favorable from the costs).

It should be possible to do the same thing with exim (and probably postfix).
I hacked together a solution, but ended up manipulating symlinks to
exim.conf every time /etc/ppp/ip.{up,down}.d/exim was called. I don't now
postfix though. Do you think this would be easier with postfix ?

MasqMail seems to be a clean solution to this problem.

	Gregor