Re: ITP: purity-offensive

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 12:05:50PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 07:00:49PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > If somebody objects to our product, they can return it to the vendor for a
> > refund (or simply delete it if they downloaded it from us).  We're not
> > cramming the dynamic linker down anyone's throat, let alone some corny
> > peripheral piece of software like the purity test.
>
> Actually, I'm curious to know why something that is not software
> and is not technical documentation is packaged at all -- presumably
> there is a viewer for this stuff which is why it's being packed.

purify is software, and the offensive data files are just that.

> Otherwise, I intend to make a new package called "misc-webpages"
> where I will package any crappy web page I feel like, even though it has
> nothing to do with Debian.

If the license is DFSG free, I would only object against the stupid name of
the package. (And be concerned of your health, of course, depending on _how_
crappy the pages actually are). Note that there are a lot of Debian packages
where I can't imagine how anybody can use them. Still I am not the one to
decide.

Marcus

Let's package the internet, it's barely 2 TB or so.

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org  Check Key server
Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de                        PGP Key ID 36E7CD09