Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 08:08:41PM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> far as I can tell, you don't understand what it is that we're doing.  I
> have never argued that we should change the default; in fact, I wrote
> code so that it would be possible to set things up so that as far as the
> end user was concerned, there was no difference at all -- root's shell
> would still appear to be bash -- until something went wrong, and suddenly,
> lo and behold, root would still have a shell.  Secondly, I never said that

Hello! You don't see that adding this piece of code you're pushing for
will change things? Perhaps you all would get a better response if you'd
agree to add your stuff as an optional package, let people try it for a
few months (at least a release cycle) to see if it works and if it's
useful, and _then_ argue that it should be the default...

Mike Stone