Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

sulogin needs to be static so that when you switch runlevels, you
actually get to single user mode. Also, if your dynamic libraries bust
and for some reason the machine does reboot, you can drop to single user
mode without a rescue disk. This is less important than the other ones,
but yes, there is a reason for it.

(And you can switch runlevels that without a reboot.)

A reboot IS necessary with the current toolbox, unless you can explain
to me how I would get into a root shell (even with sash installed).

You should be a little less hostile now, we seem to be arguing about
less and less, so there has actually been some progress. Many people
see merit in my arguments, and have posted that they do, so you
should stop calling them bogus and stick to the issues.

If you have a valid technical point, I really am interested in hearing
it.

Justin