Re: Who wants to take websec?

On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 10:40:06PM +0200, Stephan Helma wrote:
> I am not (yet) an official maintainer, but I have a package ready of
> "websec - The Web Secretary". I did it for myself. Personally I think
> it will be a good idea to add it to the vast amount of already
> available Debian packages. It safes a lot of time if you monitor a lot
> (or even just one) URLs for changes.
>
> It's written in perl and needs just one or two changes to make it to
> meet the Debian file system standard. (Patches not yet send to the
> upstream maintainer.)
>
> Unfortunately I haven't built it with debhelper.
>
> Here's a short description pulled from the original source:
>
>  Web Secretary is a web page monitoring software. However, it goes
>  beyond the normal functionalities offered by such software. Not only
>  does it detect changes based on content analysis (instead of
>  date/time stamp or simple textual comparison), it will email the
>  changed page to you WITH THE NEW CONTENT HIGHLIGHTED!
>
>  Web Secretary is available at: http://homemade.hypermart.net/websec/
>                             or: http://homemade.virtualave.net/websec/
>
> Who wants to take it?

I have been using it for some time now and I really like it.
I can take it. When you have become a maintainer, you could take it
over again....

Please put it somewhere so I can grab it, or just send it to me
by e-mail.

> Stephan
>
> --
> Stephan Helma
> Department of Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer
> TU-Vienna
> Wiedner Hauptstr. 7/E322
> A-1040 Wien, AUSTRIA
>
> Tel.: +43 (1) 58801-32226
> Fax.: +43 (1) 58801-32299
> Mail: shelma@hp.fluid.tuwien.ac.at ( @ work)
>       s.p.helma@gmx.net            (private)
> www:  http://www.fluid.tuwien.ac.at

Thanks,

Joop
--

 Joop Stakenborg PA4TU, ex-PA3ABA <pa3aba@debian.org>
 Linux Hamradio Applications and Utilities Homepage