Re: ash vs. bash

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 09:18:08AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
 >Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> wrote:
 >> This sounds fair enough.  I haven't read the source in sufficient
 >> detail, so it may be that there isn't actually a problem, but I'd
 >> really rather someone else checked it out.
 >
 >I just ran a test under strace, and the behavior of
 >update-alternatives looks completely safe to me.
 >
 >I don't see any way for it to make /bin/sh unavailable.

For the sake of the proposed switch, I have been running /bin/sh -> /bin/ash
for a few days now (also across a few reboots), and I didn't have any
problems.

bye
--
Carlo Strozzi       PGP Public Key fingerprint :
ED 4A 7A 6C 88 66 1B 34  06 14 FC 2E C7 EA F2 EE

Against software patents:
http://www.freepatents.org , http://no-patents.prosa.it