Re: How to access mailserver

On 15 Jul 1999, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> You can tell it to get all mail---look at --all, I think it is.

its the "fetchall" directive in ~/.fetchmailrc

> > 2) New mails result in a "Connection refused" as seen above.
>
> Sounds like you don't have an SMTP server running on the machine.
> This is a prerequisite for fetchmail.

Or, your mta is not set up to allow connections from localhost.. but yes,
the "connection refused" implies the service is not running. You can also
check that /etc/hosts.allow has "ALL: LOCAL" somewhere.

                     Michael Beattie (mike@omnic.dhis.org)

                      From a 1996 MicroSloth ad campaign:
        "The less you know about computers the more you want MicroSoft!"
      -- See!  They do get some things right!  (I gotta stop stealing Sigs)