Re: New Debian Book

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, John Lapeyre wrote:
> 	I can't locate the URL of the web design book author who wrote a big
> bitch about writing for Macmillan.  He wrote about the pressure to do a
> "dummies" style book. What is the link again ? ...
> 	Did you guys have a better experience ?

This is the New Riders division (www.newriders.com) which is more
serious. They are also printing by Gnome book (plug, plug).

I didn't see John's original announcement, but in the quote I read he
didn't mention that basically this book is a beautification of my Debian
Tutorial, which is why they had to use the GPL. If you look at the
tutorial you should get a sense of what the book will contain, unless they
changed it a lot since I saw it last. AFAIK the tutorial is a subset of
this book, they added some missing things and install instructions.

Havoc