Re: Speed comparison: KDE vs. GNOME

jtravs@debian.org (John Travers) writes:

> BTW I use apps from both and find having a neutral desktop but the best apps
> from both environments very good.

This is probably how the so called silly "desktop wars" (GNOME vs KDE)
will be resolved in the future.  People will use a window manager like
WMaker or something with a small RAM penalty and only stick to certain
apps from *both* desktop projects.  Personally i really don't need any
desktop to get my work done - (X)Emacs and LaTeX run everywhere and
i'd rather use any spare RAM for *applications* than a hypertrophic
desktop environment.  For me personally plain WMaker is just good
enough anyway...
                                   Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------