Re: final version of the new logo needed

On Sat, Jun 05, 1999 at 06:40:55PM -0700, Joel Klecker wrote:
> At 20:16 -0400 1999-06-05, Branden Robinson wrote:
> >Keep in mind that neither GIFs nor TIFFs per se have any problems.  It is
> >the Lempel-Ziv compression algorithm, which is an optional part of the
> >image file formats, that is the problem.
>
> That is not true of GIF actually, the "uncompressed GIF" hack is a
> bit more complicated than just not compressing the image data, see
> /usr/doc/libungif3g/UNCOMPRESSED_GIF.

Ah, thanks for the clue.

I'm all for the total destruction of GIF as soon as possible, I just wish
Netscape had brains enough to deal with PNG's.  :(

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   I just wanted to see what it looked like
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   in a spotlight.