Re: i386 build daemon on samosa

On Jun 01, Petr Cech wrote:
> is it really necessary to rebuild NMUs for other archs for i386? I was really
> scared to see a chnagelog saying "binary only NMU for sparc" and every other
> entry saying, that it is a i386 .deb file.

If people are truly doing binary-only NMUs, buildd won't rebuild the
source (so, source and/or a diff is being installed... ergo, that's
not binary-only, no matter what the changelog claims).  You have to
specify "-b -B" on the dpkg-buildpackage command line to do a
binary-only NMU; using just one of these options will not cover all of
the bases.

Chris