idea for bug report analysis

There are a lot of pages which track the number of open bugs.
However, I would propose that tracking the number of open bugs is not
even a very interesting metric, given the phenomenal growth rate of
Debian.  Naturally, as the number of packages increase, the number of
open bugs would increase, without really meaning that the overall
"bugginess" of Debian is higher.

As an alternative metric would to track either the rate of bug "flow"
(i.e., number of bugs opened vs. the number closed in the last time
span), or else the average number of bugs per package, possibly
weighting grave, critical, important, normal, and wishlist bugs.

At any rate, I think any bug analysis which had a "rate of flow" type
of statistical outlook would be more informative than one which was
simply tallying totals.