Re: new arch required

> If you have a compiler packaged, somebody else is working on kernels,

i am not sure when the kernel changes will be merged into the linus kernels.

> I'm trying to aquire some machines as well, I wonder if it would be
> time to start debian-hppa as porters mailing list with a roughly
> periodical status report.

well, it looks as though ift won't be getting one for awhile, since right
now hp/tpg is only giving them to kernel hackers. the good news is that one
of our employees has expressed some desire to do this, so after he is done with
a bunch of tests at school this week, he will probably try to get hacking.
my kernel experience is only backporting my sound driver from 2.2 to 2.0 :(

would you like me to start a list on the ift server? i expect it will be
extremley low traffic until at least the kernel can run a shell.

> However, the name has to be decided: hppa or parisc or whatever?
> What do the puffins say?

parisc. they are trying to kill hppa, and rightfully so. but it will probably
still be around for quite awhile..

--
Justin Maurer                                justin@linux.hypnotic.org
IFT Systems, Inc.                            http://linux.hypnotic.org