Re: jdk not working in potato, working jdk removed from incoming, license problem

> Basically, we're in BLATANT violation of the license currently. It states
> quite clearly that redistribution is prohibited. So, plain and simple,
> we're shit out of luck. As someone else pointed out, Kaffe is just as
> good, with better response. But either way, we have to lose jdk or
> convince Sun to grant us special permission to redistribute.

	What is wrong with distributing an installation package like is
done with netscape and realaudio?

	For the record, kaffe is *NOT* as good as the blackdown JDK.  I
have used both, and, as it is, kaffe crashes before my research system
loads, yet the blackdown jdk works flawlessly.

-Seth

--
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"