Re: Corel Setup Design Proposal

On May 06, Dave Neil wrote:
> A Setup UI of either GTK, QT, or curses would need to be done. This
> UI would ,except for the curses based UI, reside on the cdrom live
> system. It's role would be to call up the needed functions from
> within the setup API that are required during the various
> installation phases.  It should also be noted that the Setup UI is
> independent of the Setup API. Therefore Debian could use a GTK and
> /or curses UI, as we will initially use a QT2 based UI.

Why reinvent the wheel?  You may want to look at Ben Pfaff's work on
a graphical install that can work without installing X first.  I know
it's been discussed on debian-boot recently.

Chris
|          Chris Lawrence         |       Get your Debian 2.1 CD-ROMs       |
|     <quango@watervalley.net>    |        http://www.lordsutch.com/        |
|     Grad Student, Pol. Sci.     |     Do you want your bank to snoop?     |
|    University of Mississippi    |    http://www.defendyourprivacy.com/    |