Re: Slink CDs available -> Australia

On 11-Mar-1999, Richard Lyon <rlyon01@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> > I'm currently offering CDs 1,2 and 5 (all the binary CDs -- source will
> > come along soon).  Given the prices most people in Australia are forced
> > to pay for net access it will almost certainly be a lot cheaper to buy
> > the CDs than download.
> >

> So Tyson, do you have the official SLINK release available yet? Can we
> pick it up in Fitzroy (Melbourne/Victoria) while having a quiet drink?

There is no such thing as official slink images just yet, but I am
just creating full release CDs now.  I expect to be burning CDs
for shipping tomorrow.

The pickup option at the Binary Bar is not presently available as
the Binary Bar has changed owners.  I may be able to arrange something
with the new owners in future, but I haven't had time yet.
It's almost always next day shipping for people in Melbourne anyway.

You can place a preorder now at http://tyse.net/linux-cds/ and it
will probably be shipped by Monday.

--
The quantum sort: