Re: KDE

Montreal Wed Mar 10 13:37:41 1999

Like I said, don't worry, this will grind through the political
machinery and your wish will be granted.  It's not a big deal for me
personally nor I suspect most other people.

Ivan E. Moore II <rkrusty@tdyc.com> wrote:
> I disagree with this.  They may have been seperated but not from a
> user standpoint.  When I first started playing with Debian I only saw
> a package list...I payed no attention to main,contrib,non-free...
> I considered it to be US and non-US...and that's it.

Hmmm.  When I first installed Debian (1.2) it was made clear to me
what main was and that the other stuff was tainted and not endorsed.
I guess things have changed now, so Debian needs to take extra mesures
to impound the message in.

I didn't even know about non-US which is unfortunate because I went
out and compiled my own damned PGP and ssh.  When I eventually found
non-US, I even complained to the webmaster.

> I can see this for non-free, but not contrib...contrib just needs to
> be controlled and should be treated like non-US is.

It's all about control, I suppose.

-N.