Re: Contributors to magazine ? (forwarded message from Dhirender)

Dear Dhirender,

> My name is Dhirender Nirwani, and I am Co-ordinator Special Projects for a monthly computer magazine here in India, called CHIP.
> We started publication in India With the April 98 issue, and can safely claim to be India's most popular computer magazines today.
>
> This prompted us to spin off another variation of CHIP, which we called CHIP Special. Through this, we attempted to marry a book and a magazine. It is a book in the sense, that it covers only one particular topic in one issue, attempting to provide an indepth knowledge on that subject, and it is a magazine in terms of its availability, and presentation. To date, we have two CHIP Specials to our credit - one on Windows 98, and the other on the Internet. Each CHIP Special is accompanied with a CD, containing software tied in to the topic, which the reader can use.
>
> We are now planning one on Linux (to be accompanied with two CDs) - this being a subject that is still not very clear to Indians today (just about everybody knows that it is free, and is a very stable operating system, but at the same time, too many myths are also doing the rounds, it being too difficult to install being one), and it is with this in mind, that i have got in touch with you.

I don't know for sure, but I assume you are related to the CHIP computer
magazine in Germany, right? The German edition of CHIP had a CHIP special
about Debian recently, and maybe you can base your work on theirs and
translate that, modifying it to fit your needs?

The CHIP Special in Germany had Debian 2.0 and was quite a success. It was
also well done.

Just my 0.02$. Thanks,
Marcus