Re: Themes - do we package them?

On Sat, 13 Feb, 1999, Jules Bean wrote:
> In my personal opinion, we should package them.  As far as I'm concerned,
> the increasing size of the distribution is inevitable, and we're going to
> have to deal with it anyway - by better sectioning, using stow categories,
> whatever.  And they may be trivial to untar, but it's nice to have them
> under control.

Would we put them the menu system? have a new top level menu with Apps and
Games, themes that lists the themes for the current Window Manager and some
gtk themes.
So, in windows maker:

Debian Menu
 +-Apps-+-etc
 |      +-etc
 +-Games-etc
 +-Themes-+-Gtk-+-Metal
          |     +-Ice
          +-Window-maker-+-Traditonal
                         +-T.O2

And have the same in other windows managers (blackbox, enlightenment, fvwm,
twm?!) but with the Window maker theme menu replaced with the theme menu for
that window manager.

we could even make some new themes, how about twm, bash, mutt, slrn, pdmenu,
eterm?

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto