Re: Themes - do we package them?

In article <[🔎] 19990213121138.A12145@stephenc.wf.net>,
Stephen Crowley <crow@debian.org> wrote:
>Well there are different types of themes, at least for gtk. Some of them are
>actual code replacements like gtk-engines-thinice which I already have
>packaged, it's about 16k or so and looks really nice. Then there are the
>bloated pixmap themes which take up about a meg and are really slow. I'm not
>sure, maybe we could only package the smaller ones?

I think the engines are worth us packaging, in general, since they do
require compilation- afaict, if you download an engine, you also need
the "correct" libgtk-dev, and any assoicated developer tools etc. and
many end users simply don't want to go there.

SRH
--
almost called it today, turned to face the void along with the suffering
and the question- "Why am I?"                                  [queensrÿche]