Re: Themes - do we package them?

On Sat, 13 Feb, 1999, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> > E, wmaker, and GTK, to name but a few, are now becoming very themeable.
> >
> > There is some debate as to whether we should package them.
>
> I don't see the need. E uses tarred themes, so you just download them to
> ~/.enlightenment/themes. Why the need for a .deb?

so they can register with the menu system

so that people buying debian CDs don't have to download large themes

so that if you have lots of users they can share a single copy of the theme in
/usr/share/enlightenment/themes rather than each having an indvidual copy in
~/.enlightenment/themes

so that more files on the system are maintained by the package system

to reduce the number of files in your home dir

to reduce the size of your home dir
--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto