Re: Gnome to be removed from debian?

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 03:47:11PM -0600, David Welton wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 03:21:51PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 02:20:11PM -0500, Shaleh wrote:
>
> > > We were branded as idiots and people going against progress.
> > > People are still whining that we do not have Xfree 3.3.3 packaged.
> > > This "have to be bleeding edge" thing is getting old.
>
> > Really, looking at the amount of time that's passed since 3.3.3 was
> > released, there's no real reason that it couldn't be packaged by
> > now.
>
> Right, so what's your excuse for not having done it?;-) Brandon has

My development platform is Alpha.  I do not have a suitable x86 machine at
my disposal, nor a suitable one for testing.  Others have greater X
knowledge than I.

> had his hands full with the frozen version.

It was not meant to criticize Brandon.  Rather, it is a criticism of our
EXTERMELY LONG release process which I have criticized before.  If it were
not this long, there would not be the problem.  Had Brandon known it would
have been so long, 3.3.3 could be included, but nobody could have predicted
this really.