Re: sudo and cracklib

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 02:39:23 -0800, Chris Waters wrote:
> Guy Maor wrote:
> > Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> writes:
> > > I thought that the new pam maintainer was going to fix this problem
> > It was fixed by Ray:
>
> I apologize for suggesting that nothing has been done about this problem,
> but the problem has *not* been fixed.

The problem I fixed was that libpam0g depended on cracklib2. This should
have removed the cracklib2 dependencies of the other packages too. For some
weird reason it didn't. Rebuilding 0.65-0.8 from source worked fine.

Ben, could you please make an urgency=high upload for frozen and unstable,
listing you as the new PAM maintainer?

> > pam (0.65-0.8) frozen unstable; urgency=high
>
> I don't even *see* a package called "pam" in slink.

Guy is quoting a changes entry; the entries contain the name of the /source/
package. "pam" is the source package from which libpam0g and friends are
built.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.