Re: Intent to package: webmin (or another Web-based admin tool?)

On Wednesday 10 February 1999, at 21 h 14, the keyboard of Stefan Gybas
<cab@studbox.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> Linuxconf consists of many modules so if you don't want to manage
> a specific service like apache or bind simply disable the module.

So, can I use linuxconf without changing init's configuration, without
starting it at boot time? I want something which is will not require a major
change in system administration. In that way, I agree with Wichert's message.

Remember, I want something simple: a CGI (possibly calling several modules,
like webmin does) and may be an ancillary daemon (for instance to actually do
the job as root).

> I don't know why many Debian developers don't like Linuxconf
> when is has many of the features that

I don't know it enough to have an opinion, but the documentation is extremely
unclear about how it works, how it is installed, etc.