sudo and cracklib

Hi,

 currently, sudo in potato uses cracklib and libpam.

 However, this is too much overhead (IMO) for private home systems
 and even (at least) some systems at work: the additional packages
 themselves, as well as the cron scripts of cracklib rebuilding
 dictionaries a.s.o., not accounted for the daily mail containing two
 identical 43something (well I always delete this mail immediately, so
 I don't remember the number exactly) - I think this bug is reported
 and will be fixed (sooner or later).

 I wonder, if sudo really needs to use cracklib, especially as
 libpam isn't used widely yet in login or similar programs.

 A solution might be to build two packages: sudo and sudo-cracklib.
 Or is this cracklib based sudo a move in a new, preferred direction?

 Thanks,

  Ulf